Montag, 30. August 2010

The last of the summer breakfasts?

The weather has culminated in torrential downpours and a temperature of 10°C. Yes. 10. Degrees. Celsius. and here’s melancholy me in the kitchen attempting what could be my last sun-inspired breakfast of 2010…

But it brought back a smile, not least because it contains my hot-fave, Magerquark .

Final attempt at summer



200g pureed strawberries (defrosted or fresh)
½ organic lime zest and juice
200g Mager(=lowfat) quark
2 dessert spoons of sparkling mineral water
2 teaspoons of runny honey



Mixing the quark with sparkling mineral water turns it into an even smoother, creamier mixture (hard to believe I know but do try). Fold in enough lime zest and juice until it’s (your taste of) tangy and follow that with as much runny honey as you need to make it the perfect breakfast mixture. I prefer a not-too-sweet-not-too-tangy balance for breakfast.


Taste the pureed strawberries… too sour? OK, a pinch of sugar and pour over the quark.





Lava-inspired...  You could mix in some whole strawberries (or banana??)? I’ve always demolished the mixture straight off, so if you do try the extra fruit I’d love to hear about it.

The change in weather is not all bad, as I’m looking forward to attempting Diana's breakfast (see comments) of warm oatmeal with frozen blueberries.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen