Just so that we’re all up-to-date, here are some of the epic head-tapes I have been repeating to myself over the last 2.5 years. These, coupled with food consumption reaching dizzying heights, have resulted in me being fat, basically. Sadly, in my reality, not a great place to be:
- My mother and sister are overweight. It is my destiny.
- Over-eating is my only coping mechanism. I need food to get by in life.
- I had a difficult pregnancy. (Any number of sub-clauses to fit in here… so I have the perfect excuse to let myself go; my physiology has changed and I can no longer lose weight… you get the idea).
- I am older than the average new Mum. That’s why I am heavier than the rest…
- Diets are bad. I have no alternative for losing weight.
- My mother loads us down with unhealthy food on a regular basis. It’s her fault.
Am I alone here? I suppose I'm asking for help and support really.