Freitag, 4. April 2014

Excuses Excuses



Just so that we’re all up-to-date, here are some of the epic head-tapes I have been repeating to myself over the last 2.5 years.  These, coupled with food consumption reaching dizzying heights, have resulted in me being fat, basically.  Sadly, in my reality, not a great place to be:

  • My mother and sister are overweight.  It is my destiny.
  • Over-eating is my only coping mechanism.  I need food to get by in life.
  • I had a difficult pregnancy. (Any number of sub-clauses to fit in here… so I have the perfect excuse to let myself go;  my physiology has changed and I can no longer lose weight… you get the idea).
  • I am older than the average new Mum.  That’s why I am heavier than the rest…
  • Diets are bad.  I have no alternative for losing weight.
  • My mother loads us down with unhealthy food on a regular basis.  It’s her fault.

Am I alone here?   I suppose I'm asking for help and support really.
 
 CIMG3385


1 Kommentar:

  1. You are definitely NOT alone! I feel as if life has conspired against me to make and keep me fat!

    What I have to keep telling myself (louder than the voices that scream out the excuses in my head) is that I'm overweight because of habits that I learned a long time ago.....I just need to learn new healthy habits!

    I can do this.....and so can you!!!!!

    AntwortenLöschen