Freitag, 8. Juli 2011

Project re-style 2: stamps (part 2)

My new morning project (read here): rejects from a stamp collection and frames from a charity shop.  The framing proved MUCH more difficult than I thought, so I cheated and split the project into 2 phases. 

stamps_frames_before

I blew up (photocopied, people, photocopied) my collection of edible and poisionous mushroom stamps from the DDR (1980 - aren't they cool???), and made an amateur attempt at paper cutting them out:

stamps_2_cut

stamps_2_detail

That act was inspired by this book.  Phenomenal. Have a look at Hino Aoyama or Peter Callesen, and watch my attempts melt into insignificance :-)

stamps_2_book

Ta ra, what do you think?

stamps_2_after

3 Kommentare:

  1. It's soooo lovely! If only I had the patience to do a project like this. Although I think I may have to get the book! Wishing you a wonderful summer weekend!

    xo Mary Jo

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. thank you so much for your lovely answer!
    i really love your stamp project. those framed stamp-pictures are so gorgeous.

    ...und du stylst deinen babybauch einfach wunderbar! besonders toll finde ich den maxi blumenrock & die buntfaltenhose mit dem orangenen blazer.
    bei deutschen schwangeren ist meistens jeglicher stil verloren...

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. That is REALLY cool. Very impressive!

    AntwortenLöschen