Freitag, 17. Dezember 2010

Friend Friday: Holiday Parties

1. Which holiday party are you looking forward to attending this year?
Oooooh, our own one. Is that bad? We’re attempting a Hogmanay party in Germany for the first time. I’m really excited about good friends, good whisky and some good fun.

2. What is your go-to holiday party outfit?
Ha! I have no such thing. Actually, that’s not true. I have this beautiful vintage, late 60s dress. Every day would be a party if the dress would hold up to be worn that often.

late_sixties


3. Do you go dressed in something that would be impractical to wear at any other time of the year?
This is me at about ?am having survived our company DO last week in a well-danced-in nude silk shirt and floaty black mini-skirt (black thick tights and high-heeled peep toes on underneath). I’ve worn the skirt with t-shirts in the summer and would be happy to have the top on with jeans or trousers. Thinking about it, I could easily wear the whole outfit (minus tights) to a summer event too. So, no!


office_do

4. If you are going to a house-party what gift will you bring to the host/hostess?
Oatcakes, shortbread, freshly baked scones (OK, if I have time), black tea or whisky depending on the event and the person. I also love (giving) flowers: peonies, if anyone’s interested, peonies.
 5. If you could buy only one trendy piece to update your holiday party wardrobe, what would you get this year?
I could buy a very pretty hairband like the very stylish writer from Between Laundry Days (scroll down to the third photo), but I won't. I’d probably look nothing like I imagine.  Too old, me thinks.


Friend Friday at Modly Chic

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen