Montag, 24. Januar 2011

The big deal about breakfast: part 3

In part 2, I wrote about how a good breakfast makes me feel.   I love me a good rule, so in this part, I'm going to lay some down and in all probability break them tomorrow.

A 'break fast habits' good breakfast...

... differs from the one I had the day before (variety being the spice of life). 

... satisfies my hunger level at that moment.

Is…

... full of balanced, fresh ingredients.

... enjoyed and digested slowly.

And, last but not least, never takes itself too seriously.

(Now this is a good breakfast.  A 'healthy' take on the old 'Birchermüsli'.  I mean, the original only tastes heavenly because it's full of sugar and cream.

................Mmmm. Sugar and cream.............

Anyway, you'll need:

A small pot of runny plain yoghurt mixed with a dash of milk, if you like things even more runny.

Mixed with

3 tablespoons rolled oats
1/2 a grated (sweet) apple
1/2 a mashed (sweet) banana

Ta ra!

bircher_012011_1

It can be a tad tangy, so go for sweet fruit (or some honey?).  I chopped the rest of the banana on top and sprinkled with linseeds and cinammon.

bircher_012011


Quick and fresh!  What do you think?)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen